Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Weekend In A Nutshell

My weekend started out with a decent surf session at Sunset Beach on Saturday morning.
By noon I was down in Marina Del Rey shooting with Caleb of Cro Customs.  Finished the photo session with cold beers and a nice little conversation with Caleb in his shop.  Finished up and had to get home and get ready for a dinner date with family friends.
5:15 p.m. Saturday. Ready to go and meet our friends for dinner.  My daughter wants to wait in the car and we tell her to hold on. My wife is grabbing a few things and the little one is ready to go.  I make my way to the front door but decide to sit on the front couch and check out the new Show Class magazines that I just got from Brawny at the shop.  As I began to thumb through the pages I just heard this load crash.  I thought it was my neighbor backing his motorhome into something.  I peek through my front blinds and this is what I saw.  Holy shit.  Cannot believe it.  Some guy from down the street just ran into my wife's car parked on the street.

Car is destroyed.  I was so pissed I start yelling at the guy through the window. Liz is out there now pissed off and my neighbor from across the street comes out as well.

He hit Liz's car so hard it pushed her car back about 2 cars lengths and into our neighbors front end.



These people are visiting and drove down from Canada and were leaving this Tuesday.  The Sheriff's came and took a report.  Did a sobriety test on the guy. He passed. He said he was tired and fell asleep at the wheel.  Either way my wife is without a car now.  On the bright side thank god my daughter wasn't already in the car waiting for us.  Or I was on the driver side putting my youngest daughter in her car seat.  Car is replaceable my family is not.

Sunday.  Finished the weekend off shooting Louis Fee's 78 Shovelhead down in San Pedro.  What a weekend.

3 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Gnarly, that's some major damage, as you say, could've been a lot worse. Good luck with all the paperwork.

Anonymous said...

I was browsing threw different blogs from other motorcycle blogs and came across yours. I don't know ya but i'm glad your family is safe bro, that kind of stuff is always 1000 times more frightening when youngsters could be involved.

STILO said...

Glad the family is safe dude